Saturday, November 19, 2016

Ripples



Something amazing happened on last Sunday.  I was headed for Sunday School because I felt like I should go.  Maybe the message was really just, “GO” as I never made it there.  I stopped to tell a sister how beautiful her baby was that they had blessed that day and to let her know I felt Matt had come to support them.  It was such a beautiful experience.  The next sister I spoke to was one I have been trying to get to know but she is quiet and she told me today that when she’s quiet it is because she is listening and learning (I really should take a page from her book on this one). 

Image result for ripplesI had felt that she had been struggling and she looked so much better this day.  She had such a feeling of strength and power about her.  As we talked she shared that she’s been very discouraged and wondering what to do.  Long story short she came to the conclusion that she needed to remain faithful and strong through hard times because of the impact that she has in the lives of her children and will continue to have down the line through her grandchildren and great grandchildren.  I got goosebumps as she was talking and felt strongly that what she was saying was God’s message to me. 

I think many times we fail to realize the extent of our influence.  We come into contact with people every day and everything we do has a little ripple effect.  Many times the ripples are subtle but they are there.  The interesting thing about ripples is that at the point of impact the area affected is very small but as they extend out that one stone affects a large area.  This is SO TRUE OF THE GOOD WE DO.  It’s easy to get discouraged with our lives and feel like the things we do don’t even matter.  PLEASE STOP LISTENING TO THOSE VOICES THAT TELL YOU THAT!  As children of God we are powerful beyond what we even know.  We are far more capable than we think.  We come from a lineage of greatness and we were put on Earth for a purpose. Go Do Some Good!