Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weeds

Our yard is full of dandelions, like most lawns.  They like to come in and take over.  I spent an hour out in my yard pulling dandelions yesterday.  I had decided if I can't get rid of them I can at least slow them down by picking the flowers before they go to seed.  I must admit it was unforgiving work and I'm not sure I made a dent, although I did get this happy feeling when I looked out my kitchen and noticed the absence of the yellow flowers when I look out my kitchen window.  The bad news is that I started with the side of the yard that wasn't as thick with them.
 
All this time I spent pulling me out got me thinking.  As I looked at the seeds I thought how amazing it is that I was looking at the tiny seeds and how much potential there is in that one seed to make a big dandelion plant which will, in turn create more seeds until my yard is full of them. So, it there is that much potential in a little seed how much potential is in a person?  How much effect does a kind word or an act of service have?  Random acts of kindness are like those dandelions, they lead to more.  So the next time you have the opportunity to do something good, something small that will make a difference, don't hesitate.  You never know how much good you do.

No comments: