Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Rainy Day Marshmallows

It started to pour at about noon today.  We'd already been outside for part of the day so we were ready to be inside but not ready to stop our adventures...so I got to try out my new rocket stove. (You can see it built up in my fireplace with bricks.  It keeps the fire contained and functional.)

We used skewers for marshmallow sticks.  The littles barely warmed their marshmallows before they ate them up.  After eating about a half dozen each I cut them off and we let the fire burn out.
 
I will admit my fire building skills need some work, we mostly burned strips of cardboard that I rolled up next to a piece of wood that eventually burned up.  I loved that the rocket stove limited the amount I could stick in and kept the fire so small and contained.  The design is for cooking as the fire is contained so you can put a pot on and cook.  I look forward to many more adventures cooking this way.

No comments: