Friday, May 3, 2013

Please Feed The Fish

I used to love animals...I guess I still do but am much more aware now of how much work they are...and I have children. Growing up we almost always had a dog, a handful of cats (to eat the mice), a horse and off and on we had other animals including sheep, calves, pigs and wild rabbits.  In the almost seven years we've been married we have often talked of getting a pet.  My husband is partial to birds and fish and I'd rather have a dog or cat.  After a long, somewhat silly conversation one day we had decided the only practical pets we could stand right now would be a pigmy goat or a miniature donkey and we came to that conclusion only because it would eat the lawn.  Neither one of us was serious and the only pet we've had to date, besides our children which totally count as pets, is our virtual fish that live on this blog.  My three-year-old asks if he can feed them almost everyday when I'm working on my computer but half the time I tell him no.  So, when you stop by the blog feed the fish they love it and I'm sure they won't get huge like Otis in the book "Fish Out Of Water."

No comments: