Thursday, May 30, 2013

Glass Houses

I ran across this blog today and was impressed with some of the things she had to share.  It's one of those "Mom Blogs."  This mom is named Sierra and her blog is called "His Eye is on The Sparrow."  I was first led to her through a facebook share of her post on not apologizing for the way our kids ask when they are acting like children (not bad manners but being excited or getting a little too loud).  You can read that post by clicking here.  Anyway, the post I really liked came from a friend of hers that does a quote of the day...I know sharing something someone else shared is lame but I really liked it.  She talked about how easy it is to judge others for their mothering choices  and to feel judged for our choices when the truth is we are all glass houses.  Do we realize how personal and difficult it is to make those decisions and how hurtful it is when someone criticizes our carefully made decisions?  Yes, I too am guilty of this.  The point is that we could all do better.  What I loved about this post is she pointed out the positive of both choices and did it in a humorous way; when describing the decision to use disposable diapers she says, man can those things hold a bunch.  The quote ended by simply saying, "Glass houses, friend. Glass houses." Please go read her full  post here.

No comments: