Saturday, December 18, 2010

Turkey Cake Pops

I've recently learned something about myself, I don't care much for craft projects but if you can eat it suddenly my interest is peeked. This led to a preschool treat...cake pop turkeys. They turned out cuter than I had pictured and once I got the hang of it they went together really quickly. Thanks to Banessa for coming over to help me make them.

These turkeys were entirely edible.  The cake pop is the standard cake/frosting mixture which we dipped in chocolate.  I dipped a small marshmellow in chocolate for the head which had to set to keep from sliding off.  The feathers, feet and beak are candy corn cut up and we used white sprinkles for the eyes.  These do have to be eaten within a couple of days as the candy corn broke the seal on the cake pop and after a few days starts to dissolve.

These are the cake pops we made at Super Saturday, with models eating them. The Cupcake...
The snowman...who wasn't as cute after he got his head bit off...
And my favorite, the penguin.

Every Christmas I try to find new things to dip in chocolate. These cake pops are made of a yellow cake crumbled and mixed with store bought frosting. They were super yummy and it opened the door to all kinds of cute ideas.
Update:  The cake pops are 1 standard size cake crumbled up mixed with 3/4 tub of store bought frosting.  You then stick them in the freezer for a bit to harden before dipping them in chocolate.

No comments: