Saturday, December 4, 2010

Pumpkins

One of my favorite holiday traditions is carving pumpkins. I was joking with my husband about how wierd it is that we have entire fields of pumpkins that we are going to gut, cut faces in and put a candle in for a couple of days before we throw them out. What a strange way to use food. Anyway, it's a fun tradition. Uncle Sandy was the party planner this year.





Daddy was feeling this pumpkin's anxiety as he got ready to impale it.

This wasn't how I'd planned it to turn out but the first eye turned out like a cat so why not?

Here's the Ooch. She was the pumpkin planner. These pumpkins were huge.

Here's the three that got put out before it started to rain. Sorry Ooch, I didn't brave the rain again to get a picture of all four of them out there.



No comments: