Sunday, March 25, 2012

Drink It Up

My two-year old loves salad but only if there is some yummy dressing on it.  I'm always surprised when he asks for seconds on the veggies and not pasta.
This reminds me of a Kenny Chesney song entitled "The Good Stuff."  He talks about having his first fight with his wife and going down to a corner bar and asking for "the good stuff."  The bartender laughs and hands him a glass of milk and explains what the good stuff is.  He lists all those life moments that you always remember like hearing your new baby cry for the first time.  Then he tells him go home and appologize to his wife and spend the rest of his life "drinking up" those moments because they're the good stuff.  I'm not a drinker myself but I love the way the bartender in this song took the opportunity to teach him something about what life's really about.  I challenge you to watch for the "good stuff" in your life this week and drink in those moments that make life joyful.  I will do the same and be reporting them back to you next week.

No comments: