Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm Allergic To Cats

The other day I was watching my friend's little boy for  a bit and we'd gone to a friends house for a visit.  They have two siamese cats that are just absolutely beautiful.  Most days they do the standard cat thing ignoring everyone and stearing clear of the kids.  This day, however, they were wanting attention and I was happy to accomidate them.  We got to talking and the other lady that was there said she was allergic to cats.  This little boy piped up and said, "I'm allergic to cats too."  I didn't think much of it and before to much longer it was time for us to be on our way.

As we drove back to our house the kids were talking in the back seat.  One of the kids asked what it means to be allergic.  I was explaining that it when you're allergic to something you feel scratchy and can get sick if it's a bad allergy.  Right then our littel friend piped up, "I'm allergic to nuts, eggs and cats...I can't eat cats."  I was trying to keep a straight face and didn't have the heart to correct him besides, I saw his logic.  He'd been taught that he wasn't supposed to eat anything he was allergic to.  Luckily I don't think he'll have to worry about eating cats anytime soon. :)

No comments: