Sunday, March 18, 2012

Getting The Job Done

I am often awakened in the morning by the sound of small feet running down the hall and small voices calling "Mommy" outside my bedroom door.  This day, the ritual was skipped and my two-year old headed straight for breakfast.  I heard a chair being pushed into the kitchen and the rustling of a cheerios bag and didn't worry about it too much.  When I did get up a couple minutes later I found this little one sitting at the table with a plate of cheerios drenched in milk,  and he was eating it with a copper colored measuring spoon.  The picture really doesn't do he situation justice as it was far more amusing to me than this picture portrays.


This got me to thinking about how many times I've done things my own way in life.   I've joked for years that if there is a difficult way of doing something I will find it.  This would be funnier if it wasn't so true.  As I stood watching my toddler try to eat cereal from a plate I wondered how often the Lord looks down on my getting a job done and laughs a little at my methods.  I always seem to get the job done but often there are much easier, and sometime simpler ways and it I'd only petitioned His help I would have know that.  Here's to looking forward to seeking His help more earnestly in my everyday life.  Even though I'm sure He enjoys a good laugh.

No comments: