Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Banana Muffin Recipe

One of my favorite banana recipes is my Mom's banana cake recipe.  I'd made them into muffins before and my kids eat them super fast but they were basically cupcakes so I decided to start playing with the recipe to make it more of a muffin and a little healthier.  This was teh end result.


Mom's Banana Muffins
2 1/2 Cups Flour
2 1/2 tsps Baking Powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Mix, then add:
1/2 Cup Shortening
2 small bananas mashed
1 tsp vanilla
Mix & Add
2 eggs
1/2 Cup Sour Milk (Just add a little vinegar to sour it)
Beat 2 minutes. Put into muffin pans (I use papers but you can also grease the pans.)  Normal size muffins bake about 12-15 minutes and mini muffins take less.  Just bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Update: I made these with applesauce instead of shortening and added an extra banana for a healthier version.  The texture was more spounge like but my kids ate them up even faster than the others.

No comments: