Friday, December 9, 2016

Doing The Impossible

Over the past two weeks I’ve recognized a pattern of being asked to do some seemingly impossible task and it miraculously happening. Last Tuesday I was praying and asked what I was to do that day, (this is something I was challenged to do by a friend and I’ve been amazed what I have been guided to do). The answer was go to the temple. Then I thought, okay, so how is this going to happen. I made a phone call and within 20 minutes someone was at my house watching my two-year-old so I could drive to Bellevue to spend time at the temple. I had no idea how much I needed the peace and quiet I found there but God did and He made a way for me to be able to go.

Sometime later in the week I was asked if I could sing in church next Sunday. Singing in church terrifies me but I felt strongly that I need to do it and had submitted a song the week before. I admitted I had no accompanist but would work on it. I prayed again asking how this was going to happen and was given a name. We rehearsed on Sunday after church while other friends watched my monkeys and it's going to work out fine.

Two days ago when I prayed I was told that the dog needs to travel with us for Christmas and I thought, that's CRAZY! We've had full care of the dog for a week and didn't have a crate and I’m still learning to trust and train the dog. Long story short, we now have two crates that were given to us along with two bags of dog food and flee medicine. And my sister and parents said they’d be happy to help us with the dog over the holiday break when we come.  How does this stuff even happen?  Amazing!

The last impossible task I was given was teaching an art class on clay to 20 third graders. I spent the day before listening to tutorials on working clay because I knew NOTHING. There were also quite a few frantic texts to my artist friend trying to figure out if I bought the right stuff. Just to keep things interesting, my six-year-old woke up with a fever and a friend who was sick herself ended up hanging out with him so I could go teach. The class was today.  It was super messy but the kids had a blast. And there was a guest teacher so the actual teacher didn’t see how messy it was so she may allow us to do it again.

One of my favorite Book of Mormon prophets is Nephi. He taught us that when God has a work for us He prepares the path for us to accomplish it. “…for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save He shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.” (1 Nephi 3:7) I've really experienced the truthfulness of this principle these past two weeks. When He asks us to do something He prepares a way for it to happen.  I KNOW this is true.  I have seen it MANY times in my life.

Just as Peter walked on water when Christ called to Him, we can truly do things that seem impossible. You may think you're not capable of such things but remember Peter was just a fisherman but God had bigger plans for him. What does He have planned for you?

Read More Here:

Stop Selling Yourself Short

Finding Light In Spiritually Dark Times

My Hands Are Tied

No comments: