Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Little Bruised

So, I was inspired by reading other blogs (this is really Jodi's fault) when they shared stories and I felt like I really got to know them and have comitted to do that a little more often myself. I also need to be printing my blog as it turns into a pretty cool journal with pictures.

I have two little boys that are always finding new and interesting ways to injure themselves. They usually require someone to come pick them up, brush them off and tell them that everything is going to be allright. They come out of the experience a little bruised and hopefully a little wiser (this is unlikely).

Being what I deem a Full-Time Mom (like there's anyother way to be a mom) has its share of learning experiences, some of which are very painful. Two days ago I had one of those days. I had the worst day ever with my toddler. I spent the day arguing with him and tryign to get him to listen to anything I say. The situation only got worse as I lost my patience, raised my voice and fell apart as my frustration took over.

By the time my husband got home from work I was at a real low. He came in and did the equivilant of picking me up, brushing me off and told me everything was going to be all right. The next day I was feeling a little bruised and hopefully a little wiser.

Being a mom is a game of extremities. You have days where nothing seems to go right and you have days when you are grateful you haven't missed those wonderful childhood moments. As I watch my children grow I feel the weight of the responsibility I carry to teach them what they need to do to find happiness and after several seeming failures there's a moment when a child will do something so right that you are assured you're doing somethign right. Let us hold onto those moments and press forward knowing that all the work is worth it.

No comments: