Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quiet Time

We have had a rainy couple weeks and are wondering where the sun has gone.  Yesterday we had a pleasant surprise as the Sun made an all day appearance.  I had several errands to run but stayed home working on some projects instead.  In the afternoon I rounded up the small ones and had them do some straightening up we headed outside to play in the wading pool.  I stayed out for a bit and watched them laugh and play.

My two-year-old was running across the yard and jumping into the pool.  He looked like a little puppy bounding in and out of that little pool.  My four-year-old found a pair of goggles that were far too big for his head.  It was adorable.  I wish I'd thought to take pictures but I was having too much fun. 

I went in to work on dishes and before long my four-year-old said he was done being outside. I got him changed and we got popsicles to take outside.  The boys were sitting in the camp chairs and I was sitting on a towel on the ground and by the time we got done both boys had joined me on the towel.  I love those quiet moments when it seems that everything in life is going right.  I need to stop and make more memories like that.

No comments: