Sunday, June 3, 2012

Merry Un-Birthday

I got a birthday card in the mail about a month ago.  I was so excited...and confused...and excited.  My birthday is in the fall.  I wanted to take a picture of the card and put it on here but I can't find it at the moment.

Come to find out my birthday last year fell during my brother-in-law's final exams of his senior year.  Not surprisingly the card got misplaced in the chaos and was found almost six months later after they had moved half way across the country.  So I got a birthday card today and it made my day.  So the next time you miss someone's birthday, send the card late, it will still make them smile.

It's also a good idea to give un-birthday flowers or cake.  I watched a nine year old give a lady a paper flower at church a couple weeks ago and I could tell how thrillled she was that someone thought of her.  There was  a day once I took a tin of chocolate truffles to church and declared it friendship day.  I gave each friend I came across a chocolate treat that day and I was amazed at the reactions I got.  It just goes to show that a small gesture can have a large impact. 

So give it a try.  Go do something special for someone today.

No comments: