Thursday, November 8, 2012

Squirrel Season

One of the interesting things about this time of year is how busily the squirrels are working.  It is too funny to watch them running around the yard picking up nuts and leaves and carrying them off.  We were out in the yard a couple of weeks ago and I hadn't realized I'd left the front door hanging open.  Before long a squirrel ran through the flower bed in front of the house and ran into the open screen door.  He must have been disoriented because when he got up he walked into our living room.
 
He must not have known what to do as he went about ten feet into the house and just stopped.  In my head I'm thinking, this could go really bad.  I was remembering the time a wild cat got into the house when we were growing up and we spent about 15 minutes chasing it around watching it climb curtains and run into windows in an attempt to escape.  Everyone was outside and the back door was locked so there was no other way to get into the house so I slowly walked through the door.  I sent the kids away from the door and walked around the living room staying as far away from the squirrel as possible.  When I got in front of him and started towards him he ran outside and up the tree. 
 
 I haven't seen our little squirrel friends around lately so he is probably all ready for winter sleeping in some tree somewhere in our neighborhood.  The kids still talk about the day the squirrel came in our house.

No comments: