Saturday, November 17, 2012

Making It Work

We have a fair number of crows that live in our neighborhood and they are always finding ways to amaze and sometimes disgust us.  Lately there is a crow that has been cracking nuts on the road in front of our house.  He takes a nut, flies up about 15-20 feet and drops the nut over and over.  The first time I saw it I thought it was just a crazy bird until I figured out what it was doing.  We've watched it for a couple weeks now and that seems to be the preferred method of opening nuts, though my husband claims he's also seen crows leave nuts in the road and watch for someone to run them over.  He says they are really smart and has several really good crow stories.  Ask him about it sometime.

 
Anyway the lesson I learned from this crazy bird is that sometimes we just have to find a way to make things work; kids get sick, cars break down, dinner gets burned, people fall through.  My motto lately is "adapt" or "be flexible."  Stressing about the situation does nothing to change it so all you can do is choose a plan of action and make it work.  Most days will pass wether much gets done or not, what does matter on days like this is if you snaped at your kids or your friends and damaged relationships with unkind words.  I need to work on this one.  Here's to a week of trying a little harder to be patient when things don't go as planned.  Wish me luck.

No comments: