Friday, November 2, 2012

Compensating

I've fought with hip pain on and off for the past three years.  I've learned that I have to watch for the warning signs when I need to get a little help.  The soreness usually starts when I sit for too long or I stress the muscles.  My low back gets achy and that's a good indication I need to slow down.  A couple weeks ago I had done a bunch of physical work and I had a couple really sore days.  The first day I was stiff, the second day I was stiffer, by the third day the pain was tolerable and the fourth day the pain was almost gone.  I had already decided to go to the chiropractor so I went and I was really glad I did as there was an amazing amount of things that needed some adjusting.
 
So this is what I learned from this expereince; we are made for change, physically and mentally.  When something needs fixing, or is just off in our lives it doesn't take long before we start to compensate for that weak spot, in my case it only took four days from putting something out of place to barely remembering it happened.  So when you have an argument or make a mistake don't waste any time before setting it right.  If you let it go your mind will compensate until you've found a way to live with it.  The longer you let it go, the harder and more painful it is to fix it.  I learned this when I waited to go to the chiropractor several months after having my first child.  After my first visit I was so badly out of alignment that I hurt for three days.  It's always better to fix things as soon as possible.

No comments: