Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Team Player

Growing up I pretty much decided that I should never play team sports.  We used to play basketball in the driveway at home and there were always fouls left and right (partially because we were so bad at basketball that fouling was the only way to get the ball and partially becuase we didn't know the rules very well).  I had a very aggressive nature and soon realized that it was better if I stuck to sports where the competitors were seperated by a net.  I did make an exception and played intermural flag football in college with my roomates; we had so much fun but got called for unneccisary roughness many times. 
 
In high school I played tennis and after a year and a half playing doubles my coach figured out I did better on my own.  In college I played intermural tennis, dodgeball, volleyball and flag football.  In all the time I played it was all about having fun and I was never very competitive and I never played on a cohesive team, until now.
 
I started playing with a team at church three years ago.  This is my third year playing with these ladies and I love it.  Our season is only about 9 weeks long but I look forward to it every year.  I've learned so much about being part of a team and being in it together.  We have two more games until the season's over and I will be so sad.  Thanks ladies for turning me into a real team player!

No comments: