Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thankfuls

When I was in college one year my roomate came home with a big roll of paper and covered the back of our front door; she told us it was our thankful wall.  We spent the next few weeks writting down things we were thankful for.  As friends an neighbors would come over they would also add to our wall.  It was a great excercise in counting our blessings and we saw it everytime we left the house.
 
This is our thankful wall this year.  My goal was to have each member of our family add one thing each day.  The kids drew pictures and I wrote.  We missed several days but it was a really good excercise for me to take time counting our blessings.  If you're wondering why Tylenol, Doctors, and Strong Bones are listed it's because my five-year-old broke his wrist about two weeks ago. I am so thankful it was not a bad break this time.
 
On the second day I asked my three-year-old what he was thankful for and he said, "ME."  I wasn't sure how to tell him that he wasn't allowed to be thankful for himself (we sure are thankful for him) so we put that he was thankful for his body and he drew a picture of himself (see lower right corner).  You will be happy to know that the first things on our list were sisters, friends and grandparents.  We have been so blessed to have so many amazing people in our lives and look forward to all the memories we will make with all of you in the years to come.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

No comments: