Sunday, September 18, 2011

Black Berry Slump Recipe

I have no idea where my friend got this recipe but I found a very similar one here. The slump is kind of like a cobbler so it has a crisp crust on top with juicy berries underneath. We have blackberries that grow wild in our area and I found a park that has bushes loaded with them. Free food just happens to be one of my favorite things. Thanks, Angela for passing this recipe along. It's simple and delicious and I'm looking forward to trying it with other berries.

BLACKBERRY SLUMP
4c fresh blackberries washed and drained
1c sugar divided
1c flour and 2 tbsp for berries
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
3/4c whole milk
3Tbsp of butter melted divided

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss berries with 3/4c sugar, 2tbsp of flour and 1 tbsp melted butter in 5-6c deep ungreased baking dish. In small bowl sift 1c flour and remaining 1/4c sugar salt baking powder together, add milk and remaining butter, whisk until smooth. Pour over berries, bake until golden brown 40-45min. Cool on rack for at least 20 min.

Update (9/3/12): I made this recipe again for blackberry season.  I just love that the berries grow wild in our area.  They sell for about $5 per pint at the store and I get them for free.

No comments: