Saturday, July 28, 2012

Ice Cream

I don't know what it is about this creamy deliciousness that seems to make the world better.  A couple of months ago I was having a terrible day.  My kids were driving me crazy and I needed to get away.  I was not in the mood to talk to anyone so I had decided to go to the store and spend $1 on a treat.  I ended up at Safeway and it took me about 10 minutes before I settled on a treat.  I bought a small Ben & Jerry's and parked in front of my neighbor's house and ate it in beautiful silence.  I was amazed at how much better I felt as the ice cream trickle it's happiness into my veins.

Last year I did an experiment and gave up ice cream for five months.  I had been eating ice cream everyday for a month after my birthday and decided to cut myself off.  It was hard at first but I wanted to prove to myself that I have will power.  I must admit, there were days when I gave in and got a frozen yogurt but overall it was a good excercise in telling myself I didn't "need" it.

I still love ice cream and somehow it seems to make my day better.  I'm probably just "eating my feelings (whatever, Kristi :)) but now I know that I can say no to it as well.

No comments: