Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Beauty of Innocence


The first year of my oldest child's life I took soooooo many pictures.  Some of them were really beautiful and I figured it was just my new handy, dandy camera we bought just before he was born.  I did spend quite a bit of time taking pictures and with that kind of volume your'e bound to get some good ones but still, I figured it was my mad skills that got the great pictures.
Four years later I'm a little older and hopefully much wiser and I realize that there is  a beauty to children that I attribute to their innocence.  It is amazing how they can just melt you with their eyes (not that it always gets them out of trouble).  With that innocence comes a pure love that is so enviable, maybe that is why I was so eager to capture those images in the first place.  It doesn't take long before they are exposed to the world and that joyful innocence fades and they become little children then morphing into the ackward 9-12 and then the teenage years.  Hold on to that innocence as long as you can little one.

No comments: