Friday, November 11, 2011

Batman Is In Charge

Apparently wearing a cape makes you "in-charge."  Atleast that's what my four-year old tells me.  I must admit it is a very powerful piece of suiting material sewn with black thread and attached with industrial strength velcro but I'm not sure if it is strong enough to shift the balance of power in this house.  If so, it's MY TURN TO WEAR THE CAPE!

My four-year-old just informed me that, "Batman is in charge."  We also had an indepth discussion about how super heros were pretend.  This was after he asked what the green stuff was in the spinach stuffed shells and I told him all superheros need to eat spinach to keep them strong and healthy.  (This was during lunch.)  Shouldn't I have been the one explaining superheros were just pretend?  He also just informed his younger brother that they are supposed to live together in the bat cave.  They are now riding tricycles around the house talking into blocks they have used to make phones to call their "super friends" and "the bad guys."  The most interesting part of all of this is my kids have never seen Batman.  I guess they did see one espisode of the Justice Legue when we visited my sister and played with their bat cave.  I guess that's all it took.  They were born to be super heros.  Oh yeah, I forgot, I am a Superhero (see previous post entitled "I Am A Superhero") so they must get it from me. :)

No comments: