Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Dream

You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, 'Why not?'

When I red this I thought of my husband.  I am always the one to say, "Why?" and he is always saying, "why not?"  Being a mother there are many situations where the "Why not" rarely ends well but I'm more refering to a way of thinking here.

I tend to be very pessamistic when I think of what is possible.  My husband, who happens to be a mechanical engineer, sees the world so differently.  To him everything can be broken down, simplified and understood (and many times explained).  As such, he never seems to be overwhelmed by a situation or a problem because it can be reduced to it's components and worked out.  He is also very solution driven.  He's spends little time agonizing about the problem and sets straight to work on a solution. (This used to drive me crazy when we were first married and I would complain to him about work, only looking for a sympathetic ear and instead I got 100 ideas of how to fix it.) 

I've always admired how his way of thinking seems so uncluttered by emotional bias and emotionally charged logic (which is NOT logical).  As I look forward I want to be more open to all the possibilities life has to offer and not be overwhelmed by the problems.  Oh, and dream big!

No comments: