Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An Interesting Week

In the past week I had a two year old sick and spitting up (which caused three extra loads of laundry due to my incapacity to wait to clean it up each time).  Got a call from the Home Depot saying my new washer and dryer are on backorder, which is only a problem since I noticed the drying smells like something is burning.  Got sick myself and had to call my husband home from work.  Eaten four cans of lemon lime soda and a half sleeve of soda crackers and that was all in a two day period.  Cleaned up a broken jar of marshino cherries after being dropped by a toddler.  Woken up to a four year old who peed the bed and/or a two year old who stuck his hand in is diaper and made a mess every day.  Woke up at 4 AM just to throw up.  Lost my temper with everyone who lives in my house.  Watched my two-year old break the handle off my dishwasher (it is not functional right now).  And been too sick to go grocery shopping.

Looking back I'm sure glad we made it through the week so well.  We also had some good moments.  We visited a nativity exhibit, I cleaned out my fridge an freezer, my two year old held my hand while I vomitted (every time), my husband took care of most meals for an entire week and did a fine job of it, I got to watch several good Christmas movies, found a great substitute for my Primary class, watched the Christmas Devotional with my family and almost have my appetite back.  It really is true that frustrating times make you appreciate the times that are better.  So, here's to getting healthy and enjoying each day we have to live our crazy lives.

No comments: