Saturday, October 27, 2012

Being the Mom-A Sick Day

When I was young I loved sick days. My mom had nursing experience so we really had to be sick in order to stay home.  My favorite part of being sick was hanging out on the couch sleeping and watching TV.  My favorite show was "The Price Is Right."  I spent many days home being sick, getting out of chores and getting all the sleep I could stand.
 
Once you become the Mom your sick day activities change, I'm not talking about being sick yourself, I'm talking about when everyone else gets sick.  When you have young children that have some kind of stomach bug it's such a guessing game.  Sunday morning my little one woke me up and said, "I sick."  The poor kid wasn't kidding.  I spent most of that day on the couch with him with a towel on our laps "becuase it's cold in here," atleast, that's what I told him.  We read books, played cards and even watched a Christmas movie (not my first choice).  I spent that day cleaning up some messes.
 
Two days later my little one had moved on to liquid bowel movements and my older one complained, litterally moaning and groaning, of a sore stomach.  As soon as I started a load of laundry someone would make a mess that needed cleaned up.  After two days of that I had really lost my appetite; luckily my hubby was very understanding.
 
There is an upside, I did get some good quality snuggling in with both my kids, my hubby made me dinner two nights this week and I enjoyed a quiet week as no one else dared come into my house.  I still got to go play volleyball one night this week and the next night I went to a friend's house to work on a sewing project, oh, and the one day that everyone was feeling okay I went to the chiropractor so I wasn't house bound all week.  Mostly, I'm just really grateful I have a strong stomach and that we spent most of our days healthy.  Even when things get hecktic I can look back on the days the kids were sick and remember how hard it was to see them feeling miserable and be grateful for my roundy kids.  Here's to surviving another week of sick kids.  Hopefully we have reached the end of this stomach bug and with any luck I won't get it this time around.

No comments: