Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Very Merry Christmas

We have spent Christmas at my families or my in-laws for five or our six married Christmases.  I'm always surprised at the effect being around my family has on me.  My little ones LOVE going to visit the grandparents and I find so much joy in the fact that they have influence in my children's lives.  We live so far from almost all of our family that it is so fun to get a glimpse into your lives if even for a couple of days.  I'm so impressed how much we work and change in six months time.  I was so impressed at the conversations I had with my little sister who is very much a mature, perseptive, kind, beautiful woman.  We used to squabble all the time, now I will miss her dearly when she moves to Wyoming.  For all of you who shared in our holidays, Thank You, we love and appreciate opening your homes and hearts to us. (And your patience with the stomach bug we seem to bring with us each year.)  For all of you who we didn't see this year, you were greatly missed and we hope to see you soon. There's a reunion this summer and we hope you can make it.  If not, just know we are thinking of you and hope you are well and finding joy in your lives. 
 
I feel so very blessed to have so many amazing people in my life.  As I started my Christmas list this year there were so many that I wanted to give something as a sign of my appreciation and the list just got too long.  So if we missed you this year please know you were thought of and my heart was very full as I counted my blessings this Christmas.

I have pictures but am having trouble figuring out how to download them.  So you must all wait in suspense. :)


No comments: