Thursday, October 27, 2011

Redfish Lake

If I had to design heaven I'm pretty sure it would look alot like the Sawtooth National Forest. This Summer we spent a weekend at Redfish Lake Lodge. It's one of my favorite places. It's beautiful country and I just can't get enough of it.
Upon arriving at the lake you must put your feet in and do some wading. It's strange but everyone I've ever taken to the lake has done so. It seems to just draw you into it's cool caress. (Wow, that was super cheesy, but true.)  Just look at it, doesn't it just beg you to jump into your computer and go there?  Actually it's probably covered in several feet of snow right now so wait until Summer.
The hiking is superb offering opportunities for short day hikes
and longer trips for the more adventurous.
(Excuse the alignment of this picture as it is stubborn and I gave up on fixing it.)  By the way, that is me and it's super exciting because I didn't think I could carry him.  Yeah for chiropractic and Yoga! 
The lake is 4 miles wide and almsot 1 mile long so it's great for water skiing, kayaking, canoeing and swimming. My favorite part of the lake is the shallow end by the lodge. You can walk out about 100 feet out and the water is still only to your knees.

Thank you to the Kings for a wonderful weekend in the mountains!

No comments: