Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Am A Superhero

I spent the better part of the afternoon sewing a Batman cape. This cape had been promised a month ago when we found a Batman shirt for Halloween. I bought the material and have been putting it off for a while now. After perusing some internet tutorials I decided on an idea and set to work. It didn't take long to realize the small one needed to go take a nap for any progress to be made. The larger one got his hands into it a bit but was kept busy holding the pin cushion. In the end I remebered why I rarely sew but was very pleased with the finnished cape.
 So, I've decided I am a superhero. The following is a list of my super powers:
1. Sewing random items without use of a pattern (this power only works once a year).
2. Healing bumps and bruises with a kiss (this only works on my own children).
3. Making a meal for four with only one chicken breast.
4. Reading story books without getting out of bed (this usually happens when I'm under the weather).
5. Going from bed to out-the-door in 30 minutes (including eating and bathing).
6. Making chocolate chip cookies in 30 minutes from "hey we should," to "Mmmm."
7. Leap over lego buildings in a single bound (or any other toys that are scattered on the floor).
8. Get excited when someone mentions tax season. (Believe me it's super.)
9. I'm a wiz at Disney trivia.  It must be a super power becuause I'm not that much of a nerd. :)
8. Balance on a swiss ball. (Well, flying was out of the question.) Okay, so I can't really balance on an excercise ball either but my 4-year-old got a great picture.
Well, there you have it, my list of super powers. I encourage all of you to think about what your super powers are and make a list. Then you might consider something you'd like to add to your list and work on it. You never know what awesomeness awaits you!

No comments: