Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Free Stuff

I love getting stuff for free. I got a coupon in the mail the other day for free chicken nuggets at Burger King (which is my favorite fast food). We went to Dessert Book's ladie's night and got a free photo album. I have a freind that gleens bread and I often get free bread items. There's just something about the alure of free stuff that sometimes drives me to great lengths to get that free benefit.

My favorite freebees right now are pre-school helps. I just stumbled onto a great website for worksheets for preschool it's www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com. The gal who put this site together even has themed packets and from what I saw it's all free. I am using her getting ready to write worksheets for my preschool. She also has great activities that teach basic skills.

Another website I like for free stuff is www.ziggityzoom.com. I've found some activities and crafty projects there I really like and plan on using for pre-school this year.

I am amazed at how much I love teaching these little ones, and I didn't always feel that way about it. I spent much time over the past couple years working with young children and now that I have good resources and have learned to play to my strengths we have alot of fun. (I was even considering starting a pre-school.) I am currently part of a small group of moms doing an informal co-op for our four kids. We each take a week and spend the 1 1/2 on Tuesday and Thursday doing activities, songs, crafts and worksheets all centered around that letter. If you are considering doing this I would highly recommend buying a book with alphabet based or theme based activities. If you don't want to invest in materials, check out your local library (great free stuff :))

Happy hunting all that free stuff!

No comments: