Saturday, May 5, 2012

Easter

Look at these handome boys in their Sunday best.  There is just something special about seeing them dressed up and excited to go to church.  I must admit their enthusiasm is a great blessing on days when my motivation is lacking.
I felt a little bad when at church everyone was asking my kids what they got for Easter.  My four-year olds answer was nothin'. Our family tradition has been to save the baskets of treats for a family night treasure hunt the Monday after.  I cut out pictures from adds for the clues and they follow one clue to the next and after about eight clues find their treasure.  It's great as you can do it with young children who aren't reading yet.  I have many fond memories of treasure hunts we did as a child.
 My parents sent the kids an Easter treat (thanks Mom!) and Amanda, Christian and Uncle Sandy did an Easter egg hunt for the kids later in the afternoon.
My favorite part of the whole day (besides visiting with all the family) was the Primary sharing time where they put symbols of the Easter story in plastic eggs and the last week of the Savior's life unfolded as we  opened each egg.  It brought such a great spirit into the meeting and helped us all get focused back onto the Resurrection.

I'm so grateful for the Savior that He was willing to give His life for me.  I find great joy at Easter time as I'm reminded of the great gift of the atonement and the resurrection.  I love the scripture that says, death where is thy sting, Christ truly overcame death so we could live again.

1 comment:

Indiana Transplants said...

So glad you all had a nice Easter together. Your boys are super handsome. It is fun to get them outfits for church. I always have to hope the outfit makes it through breakfast! Hugs to all!