Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tulip Festival, Mt. Vernon WA

Every once in a while I feel the need to run away for the day.  A sunny day came along and a friend of mine invited us to go over to the Tulip Festival.
 I used to think that flowers were general useless and impractical.  About three years ago someone gave me a tiger lily plant for my birthday.  After the flowers had finnished I put it out on my balcony and the next spring it started to grow.  And thus was born my love for flowers and plants in general.
 Since then I've grown vegetables and flowers in flower boxes on my apartment balcony and when we bought a house we filled the flower beds with tulips, daffodils and irises. We've also put in a garden bed for vegetables.
I have grown to love plants and really enjoyed this day filled with beautiful flowers. I had no idea there were so many varieties of tulips and walking through the fields was surreal.   It weather was so nice we all got a little sunburn and it made for a very memorable day.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

I didn't invite you, you invited me! So thanks for changing your opinion of plants, it was so fun!