Saturday, May 19, 2012

FIRST Robotics

My husband found a FIRST Robotics competition at Qwest field one day so we went to check it out.  First we had to stop and admire the huge red crane in the parking lot.
 We found out that they give the kids the description of the competition for the year and they have six weeks to build a robot.  The high school near us had a team there and it was fun to see how excited these high school students were about robotics and all the skills they were learning along the way.
The challenge this year they had to have the robots collect and shoot basketballs for points.  I was really impressed with the kids competing.  They also had to learn to present what they'd done.  I'm looking forward to having my kids participate in the FIRST robotics program.


1 comment:

Sampson Family said...

My husband did robotics stuff in high school. I wish I would have known they were here! Looks like you had a great time!