Saturday, May 12, 2012

Tulip Festival Favorites

One of my favorite parts of the tulip festival is that they are selling the tulips so there was a magazine that showed all the different varieties and names of the flowers. The redish flower with the yellow fringe is a Fringed Tulip and this variety is called "FABIO."  It just made me laugh.
There was another group of tulips that were botanical species tulips.  This variety is called "Clusiana." It says they are "closest to the wild tulips originally found in Turkey.  There was a really simple beauty to this flower that I loved and imagining them growing wild made them even more appealing to me.
I also loved the look of the Parrot tulips the petals looked kind of like feathers. This variety is called "Salmon Parrot."
What a day.  The next time I go I'm sure I'll have to buy some tulips even if I check them out and end up buying the bulbs off their website TULIPS.COM  there are just so many flowers to love.  I would really be interested to see what happens with them in future years as some of my tulips have cross pollinated and are different than the original flowers.

No comments: