Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Being The Mom-Starting the Day

Laziness is like a disease.  You can catch it from other people, once you get it you have all the symptoms and it's really hard to get rid of.  The cure is simple, to get up and do something.  I thrive on structure and being a stay-at-home mom has been hard for me since it often lacks structure in our day to day lives.
Not long after I had my first child I remember being very frustrated by the lack of structure (the lack of sleep wasn't helping either).  I was talking to my mother about this one day and she suggested getting up every morning, getting breakfast and getting everyone bathed and dressed as if we had plans.  This has been a great blessing to me as it is so much easier to make something of your day when you get it going early.  I have stuck to that and there are days that I still don't feel I accomplish much but we've atleast all had a bath and are dressed.  Ofen an opportunity to go do something arises and I'm not usually rushing as we are prepared for the day, whatever it will bring.

No comments: