Monday, September 17, 2012

I Can Be Taught


This project started when our neighbors gave us a slide and a rock wall thing.  Their son is 14 so they no longer had use for them and a project was born.  The most competent man alive and I have been throwing ideas around for a while and the hubs started digging a giant hole in the back yard. (He decided we needed less lawn to mow.) I asked him to draw up a plan (he's a design engineer) and make a materials list.

So I borrowed a truck, got a babysitter and we headed to dinner followed by the Home Depot.  Most Expensive Date EVER! :)  The next day we got to the point above.  The following Monday we were to the picture to the left plus the slide and climbing wall.  I was amazed how many questions  I had for my hubs.  I used the drill, miter saw, ladder, level, wheelbarrow and gloves.  I really enjoyed working with my husband and was surprised at how much I learned (including that my hubs is slightly afraid of heights).
A weekend later the almost finnished product on the right.  We still need to get the slats put in the back side and the entire thing needs stained.  The weather is supposed to be nice this week so it's now or never.  We've already had family night in the new playhouse and are looking forward to many more adventures out there.  And who knows what I'll learn to use next.  Maybe I'll get brave and help with the table saw next time, it's not likely but it could happen. Atleast now I know I can be taught. :)
 

No comments: