Sunday, September 23, 2012

Another Accident

Well, we just can't seem to stay out of trouble lately.  I was mopping the floor the other day while listening to Pandora on the computer and had set the laptop in front of the microwave with the cord crossing the floor.  I knew this was a bad idea but justified it because the kids were outside and I could keep it away from them.  Not long after the kids came in the house and after telling them three times to stay out of the kitchen my laptop was on the floor broken.
 
I must admit I was pretty upset but then I thought, better a broken laptop than a broken child.  One of my first thoughts was total disappointment because I had just downloaded an entire year of pictures onto it and the thought of loosing them was pretty devistating.  Luckily, it wasn't long before my husband (who will for all future purposes be refered to as "the most compitent man alive") came home, hooked the laptop up to the desktop computer monitor.  I've been operating that way for two weeks now.  The other day my husband asked me what I wanted for my birthday, I told him a new laptop screen. :)  To be completly honest I'm just glad it's still working.

Update:  I got a new screen for my birthday.  My hubby ordered it online for $65 and spent a couple of hours taking it apart (following the directions online) and putting it back together.  Now he can say he knows our computer inside and out. :)  I did have a bit of a scare the day it came.  I was out in the back yard finnishing staining the playhouse when the mailman came.  They opened the box, unwrapped the screen and carried it out so I could see it.  We were so lucky it didn't get dropped.

No comments: